The day was partly sunny and the water of the reservoir was churned up by the wind. The Old Stone Church in western Boylston Massachusetts has been here in one form or another since the 1800s. The Wachusett Reservoir was built to supply a water supply to the surrounding towns and cities in 1896 to 1905. This is a repeat story of the Quabbin Reservoir that when filled covered three towns. The Wachusett Reservoir covered towns and mills as well when the valley was flooded. The original baptist church was destroyed by a fire in 1890. The replacement stone church was soon built and it was renovated in 1977.
November 7th, 2018
Viewed 950 Times - Last Visitor from Seattle, WA on 11/29/2023 at 9:49 AM